Home » Uganda Safari Lodges In Murchison Falls National Park-Accommodations/Safari Hotels
There is a variety of safari lodges in Murchison Falls National Park-Accommodations/Uganda safari hotels in Murchison Falls National Park where travelers can stay during their safaris in Uganda.
Safari Lodges In Murchison Falls National Park-Accommodations/Safari Hotels in Murchison Falls National Park are categorized into;
- Luxury safari lodges,
- Midrange safari lodge
- Budget safari lodges
List of Top Luxury Safari Hotels/Lodges In Murchison Falls National Park-Accommodations in Murchison Falls National Park
- Paraa Safari Lodge
- Chobe Safari Lodge
- Nile Safari Lodge
- Baker’s Lodge
List of Top Midrange Safari Hotels/Lodges In Murchison Falls National Park-Accommodations in Murchison Falls National Park
- Murchison River Lodge
- Pakuba Safari Lodge
- Fort Murchison
- Sambiya River Lodge
- Kabalega Wilderness Lodge
- Twiga Safari Lodge
List of Top Budget Safari Hotels/Lodges In Murchison Falls National Park-Accommodations in Murchison Falls National Park
- Parkside Safari Lodge
- Red Chilli Rest Camp
- Heritage Safari Lodge
- Boomu Women’s Group Bandas
- Budongo Eco-Lodge
- Shoebill Campsite
- Hornbill Bush Lodge
- Bar Lyec Safari Lodge
- Global Village Guesthouse
- Masindi Hotel
- New Court View Hotel
- Yebo Safari Camp
- UWA Bandas
Recommended Luxury Safari Lodges In Murchison Falls National Park/Accommodations in Murchison Falls National Park
Below are all Uganda safari lodges in Murchison Falls National Park with brief details.
Paraa Safari Lodge
Paraa Safari Lodge is situated in the center of Murchison Falls Game Park overlooking the Nile River.
The Uganda safari lodge is a great place for relaxing while on your Uganda holiday in Murchison Falls Park.
Accommodation At Paraa Safari Lodge
A total of 54 rooms each complete with a balcony and en-suite private bathroom.
The lodge’s accommodation choices vary; a cottage, suites, double, twin and single.
Each of the rooms at Paraa is a haven of style and serenity, complete with a balcony and private bathroom.
Categories Of Rooms At Paraa Safari Lodge
- Standard Rooms
- Queen’s Cottage
- Safari Tents
Chobe Safari Lodge
Chobe Safari Lodge is one of the best luxury safari lodges in Murchison Falls National Park lodges.
The lodge is located near the northern bank of the River Nile in the Northern Part of the park.
It has excellent relaxing places with a panoramic view over the Nile perfect for some on luxury Uganda safaris.
Accommodation at Chobe Safari Lodge includes;
A total of 36 standard rooms, 3 suites, 8 standard tents, 7 deluxe tents, 6 super deluxe tents, and a Presidential Cottage; all the rooms and luxury tents have balconies and terraces facing the magnificent sweeping views.
Categories of Rooms at Chobe Safari Lodge
- Presidential Cottage Amenities
- Standard Rooms’ Amenities
- Suites Amenities
- The Nile Suite Amenities
- Standard Tents Amenities
- Deluxe Tents Amenities
- Super Deluxe Tents Amenities
3. Nile Safari Lodge
Nile Safari Lodge is located on the southern bank of Murchison Falls National Park at an elevation of 1000m above sea level, along the tranquil River Nile.
It is one of the best luxury lodges in Murchison Falls National Park serving guests with high-quality hospitality and services.
Accommodation At Nile Safari Lodge Includes;
A total of 8 luxurious bandas, which can cater to a maximum of 28 guests in the lodge at any time;
Each Banda is composed of a thatched roof, spacious seating area, day bed, a generous mosquito net, en suite facilities with indoor and outdoor showers, and a private viewing deck with a swing chair and deck chairs.
- Deluxe Banda: The 6 bandas provide a high level of luxury and service inclusive of a traditional freestanding bathtub.
- Exclusive Banda: This is a perfect room to spend a romantic getaway, with its breathtaking views.
- Family Deluxe Banda: The family banda is ideal for families and small groups.
Deriving its name from the historic English explorer Samuel Baker, Baker’s Lodge is situated on the South Bank of the mighty Nile River.
This intimate, safari-style lodge is set within a large private area with direct river access, large shady trees, and wetland areas hosting abundant bird life along the water’s edge.
Accommodation At Baker’s Lodge Includes;
- A total of 10 spacious and comfortable rooms reflecting local building style with grass-thatched roofs, private wooden balconies, and sitting areas.
- Each of the individual thatched safari suites is raised from the ground on supporting pillars with its deck overlooking the river.
- Care has been taken to ensure each of the suites has privacy as well as excellent views either up or downstream.
- The large, airy facilities are fan-cooled, have netted windows with opening options, customized solid wooden furniture, hanging mosquito nets, and especially selected locally crafted items for the accessories.
- The en-suite bathrooms are open plan with solar hot water showers and baths with a view in some units.
- Solar lighting completes the services for this Eco-friendly top-quality establishment.
Recommended Mid-range Safari Lodges In Murchison Falls National Park/Accommodations in Murchison Falls National Park
Murchison River Lodge
Murchison River Lodge is nestled on the southern bank of the River Nile.
The lodge and accommodation are spread out within 30 acres of natural bush.
Accommodation at Murchison River Lodge includes;
- With 2 single beds downstairs and a double bed on a mezzanine floor
- The cottages have a wide veranda that overlooks the bush and includes a sofa and hammock for you to relax and enjoy the bird life.
- Its cottages are perfect for families (if necessary we can add two extra children’s beds/baby cot) or a maximum of 4 adults who know each other well.
- The cottages are spacious with attractive furnishing and equipped with, a large thatched roof, en-suite shower & toilet, solar hot water, USB charging ports, standalone fans, a safe, mosquito nets, towels, complimentary Wi-Fi in the pool lounge
Thatched Safari Tents;
- Nestled amongst the trees and bush around the lodge grounds
- The tents are twin shared and have their porch with a table and chair set.
- They are spacious and comfortable and equipped with an en-suite shower & toilet, solar hot water, USB ports, a safe, solar lights, mosquito nets, towels, wooden doors, and complimentary Wi-Fi in the pool lounge.
- The twin shared river tents are located close to the River Nile in a beautiful setting with a private porch area.
- The tents are spacious and comfortable and equipped with an en-suite shower & toilet, solar hot water, USB ports, a safe, solar lights, mosquito nets, towels, wooden doors, and complimentary Wi-Fi in the pool lounge
- The campsite is available for anyone with their equipment.
- It is located in an area of natural habitat, with plenty of places to pitch your tent.
- At the campsite, you have access to a clean shower & toilet block, fire pit, firewood, vehicle parking, campsite bar, and complimentary campsite bar Wi-Fi.
Pakuba Safari Lodge
Pakuba Safari Lodge is situated on the Eastern Bank River of the Nile in Murchison Falls National Park.
The lodge location affords panoramic views of the mighty River Nile and sweeping vistas of the surrounding riverine forest below.
It has a captivating surrounding wilderness where travelers get the chance to sight Giraffes and elephants.
Pakuba Safari Lodge Accommodation Comprises;
- A total of 41 en suite guest rooms with private bathrooms, of which 14 are twin sharing, 12 double rooms, 2 triple rooms, 7 are single rooms, and 4 family rooms
- The family suite comprises two independent ensuite rooms with an interconnecting door and it’s suitable for families with children.
- Each of these exquisitely decorated rooms has a private ensuite bathroom.
- Also, each room is comfortably furnished with ample charging points a reading corner, mosquito nets, and a closet.
- The private verandah outside the room provides an exceptional experience for guests to relax and unwind as they take in the sights and sounds of the wilderness.
Fort Murchison Safari Lodge
Fort Murchison Safari Lodge is set on the Eastern banks of the slow-flowing Albert Nile.
It offers a variety of comfortable accommodations to suit budgets from the mid to lower market.
Accommodation At This Lodge Include
- A total of 12 en-suite rooms with spacious bedrooms with comfortable beds, bathrooms with countersunk basins, and showers with plenty of hot water from solar heaters.
- The room includes an en-suite room single and an en-suite room double
- All rooms boast a writing desk and a private balcony with a sofa.
Tent at Fort Murchison Safari Lodge
- Offers non-self-contained tents
- Comfortably furnished
- Have 2 single beds with mosquito nets and a bedside table
- The tent also features a power outlet for charging your electrical equipment
- All tents are placed under a grass thatched roof which creates your private terrace.
- The tents share a communal ablution block with showers and flushing toilets.
- All bedding and towels are provided in tents
Sambiya River Lodge
Sambiya River Lodge is situated only 15 minutes from the top of the magnificent Murchison Falls.
It is the perfect location for those who want to experience the tranquility of unspoiled Africa, untouched by mass tourism.
Sambiya River Lodge’s unique charm is in the atmosphere of intimacy provided to the guests.
Accommodation At Sambiya River Lodge Includes;
- A total of 20 thatched cottages include either one or two bedrooms with twin or double beds.
- Each of the 26 bedrooms has private bathroom facilities as well as a veranda from which guests can relax.
- The rooms have fans, sun-screened doors & windows, mosquito nets, and a veranda to relax and enjoy the commanding views of quintessential Africa
- There are also 12 basic bandas for guest accommodation for clients seeking low-priced accommodation.
- Some of the bandas have shared bathroom facility blocks and 3 are self-contained bandas (one double and two triple).
Kabalega Wilderness Lodge
Kabalega Wilderness Lodge is a standard safari lodge in Murchison Falls National Park. It derives its name from Omukama (King) Chwa II Kabalega who was the ruler of the Bunyoro kingdom.
All the lodge infrastructure is made from an architectural balance of mud and wood. The roofs are made from handpicked grass from the rolling plains of the surrounding wilderness.
Accommodation at Kabalega Wilderness Lodge
Deluxe Safari cabins
- Are wrapped by the surrounding hush and poised to give spectacular views of the African sunset and River Nile.
- Has river-view baths
- Enclosed toilet and walk-in rain shower
- Has double or 2 single beds
- Composes of a private deck
Single Safari Cabins
- They are slightly remote from the shared areas and enable solitude but not loneliness.
- Has a private timber-decked balcony
- Bathrooms have a wash basin
- Have flushing toilets
- They have a bathtub
Twiga Safari Lodge
Twiga Safari Lodge is located at the heart of Murchison Falls National Park where most of the activities are carried out. It is situated on the bank of the river Nile in Mubaako Paraa opposite the Murchison falls park.
The lodge is a 5-minute drive away from the former Paraa ferry crossing.
Accommodation At Twiga Safari Lodge
Twiga Safari Lodge has 8 exclusive cottages designed by fusing camping tents with African thatched cottages elevated off the ground.
Has single, Double/twin, and triple rooms.
· Double bed
· En-suite bathroom
· Occupancy is 1pax
· Wi-Fi internet
· Gym access
· Clear views of the park
· Satellite TV
· Campfire area
· Room service
· Beds: Twin beds
· En-suite bathroom
· Occupancy is 2pax
· Wi-Fi internet
· Clear views of the park
· Campfire area
· Room service
· Beds: Triple beds
· En-suite bathroom
· Occupancy is 3pax
· Wi-Fi internet
· Clear views of the park
· Campfire area
· Room service
Recommended Budget Safari Lodges In Murchison Falls National Park/Accommodations in Murchison Falls National Park
Red Chilli Rest Camp
Red Chilli Rest Camp is superbly located in the heart of the park at Paraa and is the most popular of all budget lodges in Murchison Falls National Park.
It is just 500m from the ferry, where all vehicles cross for Nile Delta game drives and from where boats depart for Falls & Delta trips.
Sometimes you don’t even have to leave the camp for game viewing.
Accommodation Options At Red Chilli Rest Camp Includes;
- Basic Twin Safari Tent; sleeps 2 in twin beds with linen; Bathrooms are situated in ablution buildings around the camp.
- Twin Basic Banda; sleeps 2 in two single beds with linen, mosquito nets, and an electric fan and light. Bathrooms are situated in ablution buildings around the camp
- Twin or triple en suite Bandas; include a standard double and single bed with linen, towels, mosquito nets, electric fan, lights, and sockets, as well as solar hot water.
- Family en suite Banda; with two bedrooms, sitting room, and veranda for up to 5 occupants. The banda contains one standard double and three single beds with linen, towels, mosquito nets, electric fan, lights, and sockets, as well as solar hot water.
- Superior Self-Contained Bandas; secluded Eco-Banda with a large family room for (up to 2 occupants). Two bandas have one double bed and 1 single bed, and the other two bandas have a double bed, single bed, and bunk beds.
- All bandas have linen, mosquito nets, solar fans, lights, and USB sockets, as well as solar hot water.
- Camping; you can pitch your tent in the bush and enjoy a truly unforgettable experience at Red Chilli Rest Camp.
Parkside Safari Lodge
Park Side Safari Lodge is located 2km away from the Tangi gate of Murchison Falls National Game Park.
The lodge is situated on the shores of the Albert Nile, favorable for walks and canoe rides.
Accommodation At Parkside Safari Lodge Includes;
African-style suites with exotic living areas overlooking the magnificent Albert Nile.
The Cottages comprise twin and double-bed cottages, a family cottage, single cottages, and an indoor shower.
Heritage Safari Lodge
The Heritage Safari Lodge is located on the great North-South elephant corridor.
This route brought the Luo ethnic group, the missionaries, and the early explorers in their quest for the source of the Nile.
The location was carefully selected to be within 5 minute – drive from Murchison Falls National Park.
Accommodation At Heritage Safari Lodge Includes;
- 7 deluxe cottages, 3 standard cottages, and 3 safari tents.
- The Camping ground is popular with self-sufficient or budgeted guests.
- The cottages are designed to allow unique and flexible bedding arrangements to suit each guest’s unique requirements; single, double, triple, quadruple, family, etc.
- The cottages give guests a 180-degree view; to the east, the early sunrise and hot spring.
- The Cottages feature traditional Acholi design, natural convection ventilation, traditional artifacts, ensuite bathrooms, standard or shared bathrooms, and fresh percale linen
Boomu Women’s Group Bandas
- The word Boomu is derived from a local word to mean “together”. The group was formed by local women who were subsistence farmers to improve their living standards.
- These budget banda are ideal for visitors interested in backpacking while on Uganda tours. It’s also approximately located just near the park’s southern gate.
- Boomu women’s group bandas offer simple and comfortable bedrooms. And also dormitory rooms are available for those traveling in groups as well as camping grounds.
- The onsite restaurant serves mouthwatering meals to visitors and breakfast is served to all visitors daily the check-in time starts at noon. And check out by 10:00hrs East African time. The maximum age of kids staying for free is two years old.
- The lodge is also near the Kaniyo Pabidi forest where chimpanzee trekking can be carried out. Visitors can also visit the unique crafts shop with a lot of African locally made materials and also have an opportunity to learn how to make these crafts.
Budongo Eco Lodge
Budongo Eco Lodge is nestled in the heart of Budongo Forest, within the boundaries of Murchison Falls National Park.
The lodge features comfortable eco-cabins with a private veranda, four spacious dorm rooms, a visitor’s center, and a restaurant.
Eco-Cabins; these 5 intimate cabins are perfectly blended with the natural environment. They are connected by well-maintained walking paths and constructed with traditional materials for a low environmental impact.
Dormitory rooms; 4 comfortable dormitory rooms for large groups, each with 2 double-deckers; the bunk beds are provided with a mosquito net. Adjacent to the dormitory rooms is a common shower and toilet block with hot and cold running water.
Inspired by the rare shoebill stork, the Shoebill Campsite is situated at the edge of the park at a point that offers spectacular views of the Nile.
It is a budget accommodation facility offering affordable accommodation to tourists on safaris in Murchison falls park.
The campsite is located in the southern part of the park and it is under the same management as Nile Safari Lodge. Therefore, meals can be had at Nile safari lodge which is a 2 minutes drive from there.
Guests can go and cool their bodies and relax at the swimming pool at Nile safari lodge. Guests who want to camp are advised to carry their camping gear and there is provision for self-catering.
The staff organizes and lights a fire in the evening for their guests to have a memorable time under the beautiful skies as they enjoy the sun downer.
Hornbill Bush Lodge
Hornbill Bush Lodge is a budget lodge in Murchison Falls National Park. It is situated 5 minutes away from Tangi gate making it easy for safari activities in the park.
This lodge is one of the best budget Uganda safari lodges in Murchison Falls National Park.
Accommodation at Hornbill Bush Lodge
- Is made of cottages giving a single, twin/double rooms, and triple rooms.
- Each cottage has a private veranda and uses solar power.
- All cottages are en-suited with bathrooms.
- They have warm water in the showers.
- Cottages have bright lighting and each bed has a mosquito net.
Bar Lyec Safari Lodge
Bar Lyec Safari Lodge is a basic Uganda safari lodge in Murchison Falls National Park. It is located just outside the park in Pakwach 24km from Tangi gate.
Accommodation at Bar Lyec Safari Lodge
- Bar Lyec Safari Lodge consists of 17 rooms 10 of which are cottages and 7 are tents.
- All the rooms have grass-thatched roofs and the tents are raised from the ground.
- Accommodation at the lodge is provided in single rooms, double/twin rooms, and triple rooms.
- The rooms have private en-suite bathrooms with flushing toilets and private terraces with excellent views.
- All rooms have showers with cold and hot water running, solar energy, wooden chairs, and tables. Furthermore, they have mosquito nets, fans, and free toiletries.
Global Village Guesthouse
Global Village Guesthouse is a budget accommodation in Murchison Falls National Park situated in Pakwach. The guest house is 1hr 50 minutes away from the park.
Accommodation At Global Village Guesthouse
- Global Village Guesthouse provides high-class, yet budget-friendly accommodation. It has 11 en-suite rooms including 7 family rooms and 04 en-suite rooms in our luxurious cottages.
- The Global Village Annex which is economy has 4 units. 2 of these are self-contained suites each having a living room, kitchen, toilet, and bathroom.
- Rooms have comfortable beds with clean linen and en-suite bathrooms with showers and flushing toilets.
- All rooms have reading tables and chairs, TV, ward ropes, Toiletries, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Masindi Hotel is among the budget Uganda hotels near Murchison Falls National Park. It is located 21km. Masindi Hotel is a great budget accommodation especially for those who want to stay outside of Murchison falls park.
The Hotel has been visited by some greatest names like Ernest Hemingway, Humphrey Bogart, and Katharine Hepburn.
Accommodation at Masindi Hotel
- Masindi Hotel has 3 room categories available that is single, double, and triple rooms.
- In addition, they as well have one VIP suite with a separate living room and bedroom.
- The hotel also has 1 self-contained cottage with its kitchen, living room, 2 bedrooms, and a private patio area. It can accommodate up to 8 guests
- Masindi hotel also offers dormitories for basic travelers and a spacious camping area.
New Court View Hotel
New Court View Hotel is a safari hotel near Murchison Falls National Park located in Masindi. It is a budget accommodation for those on Uganda safaris in Murchison Falls park. It’s only a few kilometers from the park.
The hotel has a 24-hour front desk.
Accommodation at New Court View Hotel
- New Court View Hotel has several cottages with grass thatched roofs, the cottages represent single and double or twin rooms.
- All units at the hotel have a seating area, a working desk, and a private bathroom.
Yebo Safari Camp
Yebo Safari Camp is a budget safari accommodation at Murchison Falls National Park. It is located in the southern part of the park just one and a half kilometers from the Mubako gate.
The camp provides basic accommodation for those on budget camping safaris in Murchison Falls National Park. It provides accommodation with comfort satisfying every traveler’s needs.
Yebo Safari Camp has self-contained bandas with self-camping spaces offering clear views of the River Nile.
And, the bandas have grass thatched roofs, the camp has a spacious restaurant and a well-stocked bar, and provides local and traditional entertainment in the evening.
Mama Washindi Lodge
Mama Washindi Lodge is one of the best-budget safari lodges in Murchison Falls National Park.
The Lodge is located in Pakwach high above the valley of the Nile River. This comes with a magnificent view reaching the mountains of West Nile and Congo. Indeed it is a lodge for those traveling on a budget.
Accommodation At Mama Washindi Lodge
The Lodge has bandas and tents and a family room, all units are self-contained and have their balconies.
- Bandas; are self-contained with two beds or with a double bed and balcony.
- Safari tents and grass banda; it is a self-contained budget room with 2 single beds/double beds and a balcony.
- Family Banda; self-contained two-room banda with one double bed and three single beds and own terrace.
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) Campsite
Uganda Wildlife Authority has a camp which is a budget accommodation in Murchison Falls National Park. It is situated in the southern sector of the park at the top of the falls.
The UWA campsite is an ideal place, especially for backpackers on camping safaris in Murchison park. It has 2 standard bandas and a big area for camping offering excellent views of wildlife in the park.
UWA campsite is mainly for those interested in camping and guests come with their camping gear.
Travelers on Uganda safari holidays in Murchison Falls National Park can always look at our recommended safari lodges in Murchison Falls National Park and safari hotels for the best accommodation in this park. Feel free to contact us for the best-recommended safari accommodation in Murchison park.