Budongo Eco Lodge is one of the best budget accommodations in Murchison Falls National Park nestled in the heart of Budongo Forest. And, within the boundaries of Murchison Falls National Park. The lodge features comfortable Eco-cabins with a private veranda, four spacious dorm rooms, a visitor’s center, and a restaurant.
Eco-Cabins; these 5 intimate cabins are perfectly blended with the natural environment. They are connected by well-maintained walking paths and constructed with traditional materials for a low environmental impact.
Each cabin has a private deck that overlooks the surrounding forest and its rich (bird) life. The rooms are spacious and bright, with large twin or double beds and a sitting area.
Furthermore, the en suite is a fully equipped bathroom with a wash table, shower, and separate composting toilet.
Dormitory rooms; 4 comfortable dormitory rooms for large groups, each with 2 Double Decker. And, the bunk beds are provided with a mosquito net. Adjacently, to the dormitory rooms is a common shower and toilet block with hot and cold running water.
Facilities At Budongo Eco Lodge Include;
- Restaurant;with cold soda, hot snack, and excellent fresh-brewed Ugandan coffee. The restaurant offers a variety of traditional and international meals.
Meals are served outside on the terrace while you enjoy the magical forest that encloses the lodge.
- The visitor’s Center; in the main reception area, is an ideal place to relax and read a book. The visitor’s center also displays a selection of different animal skeletons, fossils, and snares that were found in the forest.
- Craft Shop; offers a small yet excellent selection of Uganda’s crafts and gifts. The products vary from handmade postcards and paper-beaded necklaces to guidebooks, hand-woven baskets, and paper craft notebooks.
The handicrafts are made by local women using natural materials with simple and colorful designs.
- Adapters:Cameras and mobiles can be charged at the reception in the visitor’s center.
- Power supply;main lodge and rooms are equipped with solar-powered electricity.
- Free WIFI available in the public areas